1. Moses Home Inspections INC. shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the InterNACHI® Standards of Practice.
2. Moses Home Inspections INC shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
3. Moses Home Inspections INC shall be fair, honest and impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
4. Moses Home Inspections INC shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap, and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
5. Moses Home Inspections INC shall be truthful regarding the member's services and qualifications.
6. Moses Home Inspections INC shall not:
a. have any disclosed or undisclosed conflict of interest with the client;
b. accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits, or other benefit from or to real estate agents, brokers, or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the property; or
c. offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker, or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection companies.
7. Moses Home Inspections INC shall not release any information about the inspection or the client to a third party unless doing so is necessary to protect the safety of others, to comply with a law or statute, or both of the following conditions are met:
a. the client has been made explicitly aware of what information will be released, to whom, and for what purpose, and;
b. the client has provided explicit, prior written consent for the release of their information.
8. Moses Home Inspections INC shall always act in the interests of the client unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
9. Moses Home Inspections INC shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and fees.
10.Moses Home Inspections INC shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where the member conducts business.
11. Moses Home Inspections INC shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to the structure for which the member or member's company has prepared a home inspection report for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems that are not included in the Moses Home Inspections INC Standards of Practice.